Thu 1 May 2014
We congratulate the following members of the MBL community who were recently elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences class of 2014. One of the nation’s most prestigious honorary societies, the Academy is also a leading center for independent policy research.
Members contribute to Academy publications and studies of science and technology policy, energy and global security, social policy and American institutions, and the humanities, arts, and education.
- Kenneth A. Dill, Stony Brook University, alumnus, Physiology
- Leslie Anne Leinwand, University of Colorado, Boulder, MBL Society Member; former faculty, Physiology
- Claudio Daniel Stern, University College London, former faculty, Embryology; former lecturer, Embryology
- Dora E. Angelaki, Baylor College of Medicine, former lecturer, Neural Systems & Behavior
- Bruce Palmer Bean, Harvard Medical School , former lecturer, Neurobiology, Methods in Computational Neuroscience
- John Henry Richard Maunsell, University of Chicago, former faculty, Methods in Computational Neuroscience
- David A. McCormick, Yale University School of Medicine, former faculty/lecturer, Methods in Computational Neuroscience
- Larry James Young, Emory University, former lecturer, Neural Systems & Behavior
- Graham A.C. Bell, McGill University, former faculty, X-Microbiology
The Academy also elected 26 members with UChicago ties, including eight faculty members and three trustees.
Read more about the Academy’s new class here.